Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pax---Tears of a Clown

I started this pattern by Aoibhe Ni (free pattern) to learn the tunisian lace crochet techniques I would need for her other patterns that are beautiful and delicate.  The charm of this pattern and her technique is that you can use a regular sized hook without a thumbrest (straight shaft) and avoid the long afghan tunisian hook.  Although, you could use this hook if it is the only one you have. 

I had a little trouble starting this pattern and found it to be intimidating.  The designer has posted videos on youtube which are linked in the pattern to help.  I found them to be helpful.  There are also several discussions on Ravelry to help the confused and intimidated....me.

Here it is the finished project.



My project page on Ravelry

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I had a lot of fun watching the vibrant colors come to life as this shawl.

    ReplyDelete