Friday, July 13, 2012

Sari Scarf finished!

It is blocking!  I am so excited.  It turned out a lot better than I hoped it would.  Here it is blocking.  If you are not sure what blocking is.....it is magic..not really, but close to it.  It is the finishing process to a garment/project that opens up the stitches and sets them.  Different fibers block differently.  This fiber is wool and silk so I am wet-blocking this project.  I submerged it in water squished it underwater a few times to make sure it absorbed water evenly.  I then carefully wrung it out a few times and balled it up and put it in a towel and stepped all over it... liking mashing grapes with ballerina shoes.  Then, I stretched it out and pinned it into the shape I wanted (on an absorbent cloth/towel) and left it to dry.  I am so excited to give this to my friend tomorrow for her bday.  I just hope she loves it.




No comments:

Post a Comment